Mentor boys ages 9-13 through the Mayco Bigelow Community Center. This is a weekly commitment during a portion of the fall and spring semester on Thursday evenings from 5:30-7pm! Applications for mentors open at the beginning of each semester on Phoenix Serve.
Before applying please review program expectations. Here is a list of expectations for fall mentors:
- Attend pre-mentor trainings which will be held on Thursday, September 14th from 6-8pm at the Mayco Bigelow Community Center (dinner and transportation will be provided) and on-campus training on Tuesday, September 29th from 6-7pm.
- Participate in weekly mentor sessions, which will occur from 5:30-7pm on Thursday evenings from September 21 through November 30th (not including weeks where Elon is closed for campus breaks)
- Work closely with at least 1 mentee
- Actively participate in mentor sessions and be a positive role model to mentees
- Proactively communicate any scheduling conflicts or feedback to student program coordinators
Click here to apply on Phoenix Connect!
If you are interested in more information or have questions, contact Kyle Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.